At long last, Amazon has added the Alexa device support for reminders. Now, you can create one or more reminders on your Echo device just by using your voice. Don’t know how to do so? Well, don’t worry as in this post, we’ll make you well-versed to create reminders on Amazon Echo. In case you’re all set, let’s get the ball rolling.
Amazon endows you with two ways to create reminders on your smart speaker: using an Echo device with your voice and using the Alexa app on your handset. Both methods are pretty easy and quick. Let’s discuss them one by one:
- Using Your Echo
The easiest way to set reminders on your Echo is speaking to Alexa. Just say, ‘Alexa, create a new reminder’. Amazon’s little gal will then ask what the reminder is for and when (time and date) you want to be reminded.
However, if you desire to speed up the process, you can lump everything into a single command by saying, ‘Alexa, remind me to do laundry in one hour’. You can also use one of the following commands for reminders:
- ‘Alexa, remind me to call Dad two days from now.’
- ‘Alexa, remind me to go to the market tomorrow at 6 PM.’
- ‘Alexa, what reminders do I have tomorrow?’
- ‘Alexa, what are my reminders this weekend?’
Once the reminder goes off, your Alexa-powered device will make a dinging noise and light up, reminding you of your task. In order to dismiss the reminder, you need to say, ‘Alexa, stop’.
Given that reminders are device-specific, so the Echo device you use to set a reminder is the only device that will remind you of your task. Though you can create multiple reminders, unfortunately, you can’t tell your smart speaker to cancel them. Instead, you have to use the Alexa app on your smartphone.
- Using the Alexa App
Setting reminders with your voice is quite convenient, but what if you’re not near your Echo? Fret not as you can still set reminders by using the Alexa app and choosing which Echo device you wish the reminder to be set on. Here’s the step-by-step guide to use the Alexa app for setting reminders on Echo:
- Launch the Alexa app on your smartphone and tap on the Menu button at the top-left side of the screen
- Select the Alerts & Alarms option from the appearing menu
- Tap on the Add Reminder option
- Afterward, tap on the Remind me to field and enter the subject of your reminder, e.g. ‘clean the kitchen’, ‘go to market’ or ‘doctor appointment’. Tap on the Done button
- Select a date for your reminder by tapping on the downward arrow next to the Date Once you select a date, tap on the Done button
- Next, select the time when you want to be reminded and tap on the Done button
- Finally, select the Echo device you want to be reminded on and tap on the Save button
- Once done, your reminder will appear in the list and your smart speaker will remind you about the task at the time and date you specified
- In case you want to edit your reminder, merely tap on it and then tap on the Edit Reminder button at the bottom side of the screen
- Make changes as per your need and tap on the Save Changes button
- You can even delete your reminder by tapping on the Delete Reminder button
Once you dismiss a reminder, it’ll be marked as complete. To see all your completed reminders, you need to head over to Alerts & Alarms > View Completed.