Are you running Windows 10 on your computer? If so, chances are you may have found the operating system slowing down or lagging at times. Even doing something as simple as clicking on the Start menu can cause your PC to hang for a second or two. However, you’re not alone facing this Windows 10 slow performance issue. A number of desktop users have reported the slow performance issue on Reddit as well as Microsoft forums after upgrading their PC to the latest Windows OS. The sluggish performance generally appears in the form of input lags.
In this post, we’ll shed some light on how to fix Windows 10 slow performance issue and increase overall system speed. Read on.
Fix Windows 10 Slow Performance Issue
In order to speed up slow computer, you need to tweak the default settings for Page File control in Windows 10 from System Managed to manual format. Here, you’re able to alter the page file memory’s initial size and maximum size depending upon your system’s RAM. To do so, follow the instructions given below:
- Launch the Start menu and click on the Control Panel option
- Navigate to the Search field in the top-right corner of the window and type Performance. Once done, press the Enter key
- Next, adjust the appearance and performance of Windows
- Go to the Advanced tab and click on the Change in the Virtual Memory section
- Uncheck the box next to the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives option
- Select the default C: drive where Windows 10 is installed and then choose Custom Size. Now, change Initial Size and Maximum Size to the recommended values by Windows
- Click on the Set option and save the settings by clicking on the Ok button
- Reboot your system for the changes to take effect and fix slow PC performance in Windows 10
And that’s it! As soon as your computer boots up, you will find a better computer performance.
However, if you’re a not-so-tech-savvy kind of person and found above fix quite tricky, we’ve another fix for you. The second method requires you to tweak the default settings to speed up Windows 10, especially if you have an older video card or a system with less RAM. Here’re the steps to improve the speed of your Windows 10 PC:
- Open the Start menu and click on the Control Panel option
- Click on System
- Click on the Advanced System Settings option in the left column
- Under the Advanced tab, click on Settings in the Performance box
- Uncheck the following options:
- Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing
- Animations in the taskbar
- Fade or slide menus into view
- Fade or slide ToolTips into view
- Slide open combo boxes
- Enable Peek
- Face out menu items after click
Now, once your computer boots up, you’ll experience improved Windows 10 performance. Which method do you find easy to boost your system speed? Do inform us via the comments section below.